🐍 Fraud prevention

πŸ‘€ Don't become a victim of immigration fraud

Only a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), a lawyer registered in one of Canada’s 13 Law Societies, a notaire registered with the Chambre des notaires du QuΓ©bec, or someone working directly under the supervision of someone belonging to one of those 3 previous professions, can legally offer Canadian immigration advice in exchange for money.

You can check if a person is licensed to represent immigrants or to give advice.

If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.

Most law societies let you check online to see if a person is a member in good standing.

Law societies in each province and territory

​The Canadian Bar Association​

​Chambre des notaires du QuΓ©bec: Membership validation service (French only)

Other contacts

Law Society Tribunal

The Law Society Tribunal is an independent adjudicative tribunal within the Law Society of Ontario. The Tribunal processes, hears and decides regulatory cases about Ontario lawyers and paralegals in a manner that is fair, just and in the public interest.

​Make a Complaint about a Lawyer​

​Discipline-related decisions issued since 2000​

Protect yourself against fraud
Protect yourself against fraud